Since your privacy is important to us, Kohler New Zealand has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for englefield.com.
Information collected on this site may include IP addresses and personal information.
- We may use your IP address (for example, it may look something like this: 184.108.40.206) to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. Your IP address may also be used to identify the time you spend on our site and to gather broad demographic information. This allows us to see which parts of our site users are visiting.
- We do not associate IP addresses with anything personally identifiable. This means, for instance, that a user's session will be tracked, but the user will remain anonymous. Personal Information We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information") or allows us to contact you. Generally this information is requested when you request literature, ask questions via email, or send product information via the "Email to a Friend" feature.
- When you request literature, we ask you for your name and mailing address.
- When you use the "Contact us" feature, we ask for your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and fax number. We may also ask questions to allow us to fully respond.
- When we request contact information, you may be given the opportunity to elect whether or not to be included in the Kohler New Zealand mailing list. Inclusion on the mailing list may entitle you to receive information or updates about special offers, programs, new products and/or services. Choosing not to register means you will not be able to receive these benefits or this information.
- If you enter a contest or other promotional event, we may ask for your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners
In some cases, Kohler New Zealand may use your Personal Information to contact you for clarification of inaccurate information or to follow up on a customer service issue. We may also use your Personal Information in order to help diagnose problems with our site. We may use all information we collect to analyze statistical use patterns and demographic data (basically, where our visitors come from and what demographic characteristics they have) and to improve our site to better serve our customers. We may also prepare and keep statistical records and other data about you and other users of our site, but we do that in a way that does not identify you or any other user personally. We may hire third parties to help us collect and analyze such data, and we may share such statistical data with third parties. Again, such statistical data will not specifically identify you or any other user. We use this information to help us make our Web site more useful to visitors -- to learn about the number of visitors to our Web site, what part of the Web site they are interested in, how long the use the Web site, and the types of technology our visitors use.
When you submit Personal Information, it is stored on a server not accessible from the Internet, and will be retained only for a limited period of time. Kohler New Zealand will endeavor to take reasonable steps to ensure that such personal information we store is as accurate as possible. Pursuant to the Privacy Act of 1993, you have the right to request correction of your personal information by contacting us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If the updates are not made, you may ask that we attach your correction request to your personal information.
If you choose not to provide Personal Information you can still use englefield.com. Your IP address and the date and time you access our web sites are still logged. Kohler New Zealand uses this information to analyze trends and to measure the number of visitors to our web site. Kohler New Zealand does not associate IP Addresses with Personal Information.
Links to Other Sites
This site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Kohler New Zealand is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web Sites, or for any information they might collect, even though our name or logo may appear on those sites. Our Privacy Statement applies solely to englefield.com.
When you enter our site your computer may automatically be issued a cookie. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flows.
Cookies themselves only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time.
Your Right to Access Your Personal Information
Pursuant to the Privacy Act of 1993, you may request access to the information retained about you. Barring any circumstances which would prevent us from allowing your access to your information, such requests a normally met. If we are unable to provide access, you will be advised as to the circumstances that prevent your access to the requested information.
Changes to this Statement
Kohler New Zealand will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. If there are material changes to this Statement or in how Kohler New Zealand will use your Personal Information, Kohler New Zealand will prominently post such changes prior to implementing the change. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to learn of how Kohler New Zealand is protecting your information.